Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 3 and We Flipped for Homecoming!

     Another great week in chemistry for week 3 Homecoming Week and this brought many new things including the introduction of Chapter 3: Scientific Measurement.  With that I introduced the students to what has been referred to as flipped learning http://jonbergmann.com/what-is-the-flipped-class/#comment-182.  I have been flipping my classroom now for over two years and have totally enjoyed all the benefits it has to offer.  I went as far as set up a green screen at home which has allowed me to place myself more into the videos.  I can't wait to interact more with my backgrounds as I explore all that the green screen capabilities have to offer.

   













The initial feedback I got from students was positive regarding the videos and I hope to gain more time for one on one instruction with each of the students in the next few weeks.

Green screen














   Amongst being comfy, hat days, dressing in all black, and showing eagle pride we saw that 10lb bowling balls do indeed float in water as we calculated density and we determined that Indiana Jones had no chance in replacing the gold idol in the movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

   Also this week, i got my iPads back from being reset and we had the chance to use them for assessment practices and in preparation for the quiz on Friday.  


It really was a busy week as we prepare for our first test on Tuesday and ended in great style with an awesome homecoming assembly!

Mr. Ragan




No comments:

Post a Comment