Thursday, September 11, 2014

About me

A little bit about me....

Born and raised in Newport News, Virginia. I Graduated from Denbigh High School in 1990. Attended Longwood College now University and obtained my BS in Chemistry with my secondary teacher certification in 1994. Taught Chemistry, Pre IB Chemistry, and AP Chemistry at my old high school for 6 years. Obtained my MS in Chemical Education from Purdue University in 2004.
Completed the Target Inquiry Program for chemistry teachers at GVSU to advance my degree. Happily married to Dr. Deborah Herrington who is a chemistry professor at GVSU and have two awesome kids, Lexie age 8 and Tyler age 6.

FYI:
Started playing saxophone in the 6th grade
Was drum major my junior and senior year of high school
Marched as Drum Major in the Inaugural Parade for the Governor Of Virginia
Was assistant marching band director for 6 years, while teaching in VA.
Won the Tidewater Alliance of Chemistry Teachers Teacher of the Year award
Have given talks at the local and national level including chemical demonstration shows at the State level.
Served on the Purdue racquetball traveling team
Won the GVSU racquetball intramural championship
Ryan Newman & Nascar fan
Was a visiting professor at GVSU.
Served as NHS co-advisor at HHS.
Currently a coach for HHS Science Olympiad Team
Started teaching Chemistry at Hudsonville in 2005 and love it!
Began teaching with a class set of iPads in 2010.
Totally love my iPad.
Began Flipped Classroom in Chemistry B 3rd trimester 2012
WIll be flipping Chemistry A in Fall 2013
Began sharing 30 iPad2 devices with Mrs. Webster in Dec. 2012
email me at: dragan@hpseagles.net
follow me @dragan39
7/2014


No comments:

Post a Comment